
Today I took a trip to the Toledo Art Museum and the Glass Pavilion. At the glass pavilion, we watched a demo of a glass blower go through the steps of making a glass piece. After the demo, we took a tour through the pavilion and I saw some interesting pieces. One was of a model of a diner made entirely of glass. I would have to say that this one was my favorite. I also liked this artwork made by Liza Lou. Liza Lou, is infamous for her work with glass beads. She has made full life size kitchen and backyards with beads and also a Windex bottle (shown left). Technology can connect to art in many ways. One of them is when an artist has to map out a sculpture or even a painting, he or she may need to use a computer to make it easier to map out a sculpture. At the actual art museum, we traveled to the inner parts of the museum to the CVA (Center for visual Arts) to look at some pieces from the artist Edith Franklin.
No comments:
Post a Comment